Photo requirements and guidelines
Photo requirements, during Registration
- The photograph must be in colour.
- It should have a white background.
- It should have a close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph.
- It should be in sharp focus and clean.
- It should be of high quality with no ink marks and creases.
- The photograph must show you looking directly at the camera.
- It should be 5.5cm * 5.5cm (207px * 207px).
- It should show your skin tone naturally.
- It should have appropriate brightness and contrast.
- The photograph should be a recent one not more than 6 months old.
- It is to be taken without headgear.
- Photograph can be taken with headgear, after consideration on case to case basis if the applicant wears headgear on religious grounds. The main characteristics of the face must be apparent from the photograph. Chin, nose, eyes and eyebrows must not be covered, the forehead should be uncovered to the extent that the shape of the face is apparent.
- It should be without hat/cap.
- It should be with the applicant's hair tucked behind his/her ears.
- The photograph should not have any staple marks.
- Scanned & colour photocopies would NOT be accepted.